Finally I finished my video! My robot has still some technical problems which I couldn’t still solve!! Anyway, I hope you have fun watching it and enjoy it!
I like your robot Mali! Even if what he is saying is a wee bit scary... I don't think you are too far off from predicting what technological developments will be seen in the future though. With digital technology becoming an increasing part of everyday life, governments and institutions (or the power) will inevitably become more interested and involved. As technology is being developed so rapidly, claims of people owning personal robots probably arn't too crazy! I just hope were not still using twitter!
I like the way in the future we are all technologically sophisticated but we wear card-board-box clothes. It’s got a very ‘Big Brother is watching you’ feel to it, but it is sort of going that way isn’t it?
The government now has a record of every email we send and the Digital Economy Act has created a stir amongst PR people because of its targeted file sharing.
I have been worrying about this for some time, and I find I tend to be more against the fact that anyone can find out anything about you. Like Cai said, the Britis government have copies of our emails, no doubt records of our phone conversation (the call logs have been done for some time now) and I do wonder when it will end.
On one hand, I would really like my privacy but on the other I have nothing to hide so if by keeping an eye on all records stops world destruction I suppose I cannot complain.
We are becoming more and more technologically based, maybe even a becoming a little too reliant on technology.
Thanks for your feedback!! Hehe, I like my robot too! He cooks delicious tec-food (in former times it was called GM-food!)Well, I think all the techniques and the digital media is already and will becomme more and more part of our daily lifes. The list of advantages like time savings, efficency in working processess and global networking can be continued over pages. But the "transparency" issue is defenitivly not a part of it! All can be justified under the umbrella of security, but by this everyone of us, even if we have nothing to hide becomes a suspected person. And the transparency and data savings help companies to establish profiles to place "the best fitting advertisment" to make more money! That makes me feel to lose my personality. Lost in the digita media space!
I like your robot Mali! Even if what he is saying is a wee bit scary... I don't think you are too far off from predicting what technological developments will be seen in the future though. With digital technology becoming an increasing part of everyday life, governments and institutions (or the power) will inevitably become more interested and involved. As technology is being developed so rapidly, claims of people owning personal robots probably arn't too crazy! I just hope were not still using twitter!
ReplyDeleteI like the way in the future we are all technologically sophisticated but we wear card-board-box clothes. It’s got a very ‘Big Brother is watching you’ feel to it, but it is sort of going that way isn’t it?
ReplyDeleteThe government now has a record of every email we send and the Digital Economy Act has created a stir amongst PR people because of its targeted file sharing.
Oh wow Mali! Your little robot is wonderful!
ReplyDeleteI have been worrying about this for some time, and I find I tend to be more against the fact that anyone can find out anything about you. Like Cai said, the Britis government have copies of our emails, no doubt records of our phone conversation (the call logs have been done for some time now) and I do wonder when it will end.
On one hand, I would really like my privacy but on the other I have nothing to hide so if by keeping an eye on all records stops world destruction I suppose I cannot complain.
We are becoming more and more technologically based, maybe even a becoming a little too reliant on technology.
Thanks for your feedback!! Hehe, I like my robot too! He cooks delicious tec-food (in former times it was called GM-food!)Well, I think all the techniques and the digital media is already and will becomme more and more part of our daily lifes. The list of advantages like time savings, efficency in working processess and global networking can be continued over pages. But the "transparency" issue is defenitivly not a part of it! All can be justified under the umbrella of security, but by this everyone of us, even if we have nothing to hide becomes a suspected person. And the transparency and data savings help companies to establish profiles to place "the best fitting advertisment" to make more money! That makes me feel to lose my personality. Lost in the digita media space!
ReplyDelete